Thursday, June 28, 2018

Day 3 - Getting Hooked Up

Slept like a baby last night. It was inevitably that the lack of sleep was going to catch up with us. Everyone finally got a good night's rest. Even though Anna and I got up at 5am, it seemed like we slept in. Before I had any coffee, I decided to go out for a short run up through Kihei. Amazingly, here the sun is already up and letting you know she’s in charge early in the morning. Sunrise was at 5:40am this morning, so by 7am when I got back from my run, I felt like I was baking. Next time, I will make sure to run much earlier.

After a little coffee, Anna took LT and I down to Kam III park. The parks in Kihei are all along the ocean. All are immaculately maintained and beautifully laid out. On the edges of each of the parks are typically rock or lava formations and seem to be the ideal spots to fish. The middle is usually narrow strands of sandy beaches.


LT and I tried our best to rustle in a variety of fish, but came in short today. We walked back towards the condo while fishing along the way. The ladies were visiting the local shops while we were trying to get hooked up. Eventually around 11:30am we made it back by the boat landing and I called Mama to come and Uber us up.

All of us came back to condo and freshened up a bit before heading back out for a little grub. Three’s was the place this afternoon and it was outstanding! I believe everyone felt that this was by far the best meal yet. Olivia and Anna had some wonderful orders of oysters, while LT and I ordered sushi. Anna also got a Ramen bowl that was by all accounts the best Ramen bowl any of us had ever had! We will surely be heading back to Three’s in the near future.

 

Went back to the place after lunch and LT & I crashed for a bit whiles girls took a drive up the Pilani highway and did a little grocery shopping. They managed to head back after about two hours and were ready to relax a little themselves. The clan headed to the pool for about an hour before we all headed back down to Kamila park to view the sunset. What a sunset!!!

The ladies ready to mow on some oysters!
 
Sunset at Kamila Park, Maui


No comments:

Post a Comment