Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Day 4 - Project Wonderful Arrives

The house was pretty quiet when I awoke at 6:30am. I rolled around a bit before finally getting out of bed and jumping on the computer. Darryl was going to come today and thought he was going to show up around 8-8:30am. I needed to get a bunch of work done that I had neglected for the last few days.

The troops finally got up around 9:45am and I had Lane help me put a kayak in the water. I took it out for about 1.5 hours and made it to the mouth of Sister Canal by Sombrero Beach. I tried to snorkel there for a bit, but the water was too murky. I ended up kayaking over to the opposite side by the mangroves and fished for about 20 minutes. Caught a slew of small snappers and then headed back to the house.

When I got back the kids were putting the boat together and Darryl and I headed up to Tildens and rented some scuba gear. After we got back we (Tobi, Darryl, Lane, LT and I) loaded up the scuba gear and headed out on the boat. We stopped off to fill the gas tank and off we went to try our luck near Sombrero reef. I managed to spearfish several Lionfish, but was only able to get two chunky ones back to the boat. I lost the other two when I tried to spear a lobster.

With the tanks empty, we headed further out to see if we could have some luck with some Mahi. Lane and LT captained us well and managed to finally find a bouy where both LT and Tobi each caught a Mahi. All of us tried for several minutes before eventually heading back to the hacienda.


The boys cleaned all the fish and Aunt Carla did her magic with the cooking. All that needs to be said is “Yummy!” and “Amazing!” The ladies did a great job with the fish tacos. Bellies full, I laid down never to rise again for the day!










No comments:

Post a Comment