Saturday, March 31, 2018

Day 4 - Lake Tahoe facts

We have been here now for four days and I am still amazed at the sheer beauty of the place. I have been constantly asking people all kinds of local facts, as I truly know nothing about the area. Well, I figured I might as well share a little of what I have learn:

Lake Tahoe is 22 miles long, 12 miles wide, have 75 miles of shoreline and cover around 192 square miles.

Average depth of in Lake Tahoe is 1000 feet and its greatest depth reaches 1645 feet - the 3rd deepest lake in North America & the 10th deepest in the world.

The Truckee River flows out of the Lake Tahoe and into Pyramid Lake.

Lake Tahoe stays a constant 39F degrees.

Lake Tahoe is 6,222 feet above sea level and is the highest of its size in the US.

It is supposedly sunny here at least 3/4 of the year.

Fallen tree that was massive. No telling how long it had been laying there.



No comments:

Post a Comment