Monday, November 25, 2019

Day 1 - Waking up in the BIG FL


Woke up this morning in Crystal River in the sunny state of Florida. Glass doors in the bedroom plastered the entire wall overlooking the Kings Bay. Anna and I just laid in bed for a bit watching the fog lift and the water roll as the gar and other fish breach the water. How lucky are we!!

LT wasn’t too much longer before he got up and the both of us got the kayaks off the top of the car and put them in the water. After we got the car unpacked, I headed around the corner to the bait shop to pick up some live shrimp. The shrimp is usually gone from the bait shops by 8am or 9am, so we needed to make sure and get there pretty early.  With fifty shrimp in the bait bucket we were armed and ready to slay some fish.

Kissed Mama and LT and I were off on the kayaks. It wasn’t but a few minutes and we were both catching fish. I wanted to catch a gar to begin with. They roll in a small area in front of our place just in the middle of the bay. I watched for a few to break the water and cast away. Within a minute I had one grab hold and reeled him in. LT was killing it with some Ladyfish. We stayed on the water pretty much all day. LT also caught some snook, bass, jack and multiple snappers. I managed to catch a slew of catfish (which I did not want to), mackerel, gar, snappers and jacks.







After coming back in to the house for the day, we ordered some Mexican food. Powered it down and then took it easy for a bit. Went back out on to the dock a fished a bit, before heading in to watch a movie. Anna had laid down a bit earlier and was already out by the time LT and I decided to go to bed – at 7:15pm. Way too early, but we both thought it was around 10 or 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment