Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Day 18 - Down at the Jenkin's


I thought I would wake up early, but instead my eyes opened a little before 8am. Thomas was already up and outside on the dock fishing. I left to the bait store to grab some live shrimp at MacRaes. As I was pulling in and walking into the shop with my bait cooler, one of the store helpers informed me that they did not have any shrimp. “Maybe tomorrow,” they said. Back in the car and off to the house.

Anna and Olivia started cleaning and getting some laundry done, while she was making spaghetti sauce for later in the day. Afterwards Anna and I went out on the kayak and paddleboard. We made our way towards Homosassa Springs Park and kayaked past to some other smaller channels until we hit a dead end with crystal clear spring water. Hopped out and chilled out in the water for a while before heading back to the house. Anna was a bit tired from the paddling, so I tied her paddleboard onto the kayak and pulled her back while she laid on the board sunning.

I went to Publix to grab some beer, frozen shrimp and snacks. Got back and fished for the better part of the afternoon the kids, Anna and I played around on the kayaks and paddleboard.

Hayli rolled in around 7:15pm and we finally had our spaghetti dinner. We all mauled the spaghetti like starved wolves. Well, Olivia and I did. The others were a little more civilized. After dinner, we all hopped in the kayaks and went for a wonderful sunset paddle. The moon was amazing. It was so huge and hung over the park beautifully. I wish I would have had my camera because it was a photo op for sure.

The rest of the night the kids hung out in the hot tube and eventually came in and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment