Sunday, August 11, 2019

Day 5 - And so it begins

Eyes opened wide a little before 4am this morning. Ashley and I have been twitching to get this stage race started. This morning we start at 8:30am and it doesn't look too good weather wise. It is calling for rain starting around 9am. I anticipate I will be out on the trail for 4.5 hours. It would be nice if I finished sooner, but I have a feeling it will take me longer than I have imagined.

Ashley just got up as well here a little before 6:30am. Made some breakfast and starting to get all our shit together. This is a UCI official race so it is slam packed with pros. Excited to see the field and the talent that will be here today. I'm going to attempt and GoPro some of the downhills, views and hopefully if the battery lasts, will even capture the finish.

Stage 1 - Pennsylvania Creek

Let the games begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment