Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Day 15 - One Last Dive of Sapphire Beach

I figured I would do one last snorkel dive at our reef at Sapphire Beach Resort. It is amazing the diversity one sees daily and the new marine life you see day after day. I only wish we lived closer to such an abundant coral reef. Enjoy the pics!!

The hues of blue and green on this guy were awesome!

It's hard to see but there are hundreds of baby fish. They were no bigger than a dot. I wish my camera could have gone super micro!

Coral reef near the shore.

No bigger than 4 - 5 inches wide. First that I had seen of this fish since the trip. Will update the name once researched.

Damsel fish hanging under a coral ledge. I wish the camera would have gotten a clearer picture.

Gorgeous! He moved with elegance. The only one have seen since our arrival. Not sure of the species. Will update.

This was some sort of shell that almost looked like a sea urchin, only its spines were about a 1/2 thick. It has its mouth open.

Three pompano swimming near shore. Took this picture while coming in from snorkeling.

Big Needle Fish. Was about 1.5 feet in length.

No comments:

Post a Comment