Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Day 4 - What? Day 4 already?

The house was quiet this morning until around 8am. One can get use to this vacation thing! Anna and I headed out while the kids slept in to a place called Fort Island State Park. It was located on the point protruding into the bay. It had a beautiful beach area, pier and boat launch area.

When you enter the park it has the beach area to the left side with the marsh facing the right. Next, about 50 yards further it had a nature walk area which lead to the pier again on the left side. Lastly, the end dumps into a boat launch area. At the boat launch it had circular round drive and as we drove around we noticed a Land Rover off in the marsh. Not what I thought I would have seen and it did not look like he was suppose to be there. Upon further inspection, the guy was STUCK. I mean STUCK! I was still three hours until high tide and it did not look good for this guy. I wish I would have taken a picture of the car.

When Anna and I got back to the place, I threw out some bait on the Kistler rod and a few minutes later it hit. We were all sitting up near the pool when the pole hit. We thought it would be a cat fish, but then as the fish turned in the water it shined wide. Oh yeah, this bad boy was a jack - Nice size too! We reeled him in and Thomas was quick to filet him for some grub later.

Anna and kids headed out for a bit and hit some of the local shops while I headed out on the kayak.  Thomas and I ended up finishing up the day with fishing out in the bay and catching several more gar and catfish. It is amazing the strength these gar have. They definitely make for a fun fish fight.






No comments:

Post a Comment