Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Day 12 - Sleeping in and Hitting the Fishing Store

Day 12 - Sept. 16th

Seeing that Olivia and I didn't make it in until early in the morning, she decided to sleep in a bit. Anna, LT and I figured we would visit one of the local fishing stores. Being the angler that LT is, where else would an anglers dream store be buy in Japan. Hell, every great make and model of reels, poles and baits are all Japanese made. 




We got the Go cab to pick us up around 11am and headed into the heart of the city. Lure 1Ban was the name of the store and probably the best one by what we could tell. This store was awesome and carried just about everything. I saw baits and types of lures I've never seeShn before. Neat gadgets and things I wish we could bring back, but we are only alloted some many suitcases. I think we are alreary packed to the brim and need to get another back. Thomas ended up buying four new reels - Penn, Shimano and two Daiwas, along with numerous amounts of lures, baits, some hats, knives, etc... Let's just say he was definitely in his happy place.

Anna was in the store for a bit, but left and walked down the street a bit while we were finishing up in the store. When met up with her afterwards and grabbed a bite to eat at a local Bonito specialty restaurant. I believe the restaurant name was Torahachi. LT got a yellowtail sashimi and it was the best I have ever had. It melted in your mouth and was super flavorful. Anna got a cut steak that was very good. I apparently ordered probably the worst thing on the menu. Although it was good, I wish I'd a had the yellowtail.




Finished, we headed back towards our neck of the woods and arrived having Olivia finally rise from her slumber at about 5pm. She shuffled around a bit but headed back to her room, so the three of us headed to Main Street to play a bit of Pachinko and slots. Mom was crushing it. I had no idea what the hell was going on or even what I was doing. Even the slots here are not what we know as slots in the states. We played for about an hour and then headed to Heavens Kitchen for multiple games of darts and drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment