Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 11 - Coffee with the Misses

Started out the day with a nice 3 mile run out to the nature preserve this morning at 6am. Got back, showered off and hit the pool for a nice cool down. I was in the pool for around 15 minutes when the natives started to arise. Anna came down and sat with me at the pool for a bit with some coffee.

Reflecting back on prior days, we decided to post some additional pictures that we both enjoyed.


Nice nature shot near cemetary island.


Thomas' found this guy and shot the picture. These litte guys blend in so well. The picture doesn't show its true vibrant green. It almost lucks to be a neon green in the sunlight.


We have come to know this as the Costa Rican or Cabuyan Road Kill. Small fiddler crabs come down from the mountains to lay their eggs by the beach. The other day as I was running and I thought it was raining. The drops of water were hitting the leaves and the noise was all around me. Funny thing was, I was not getting wet. The sound was not of rain, but of fiddler crabs running under the fallen dead leaves. As I stopped to finally look, there were hundreds, if not thousands around me.


Here are a couple of pictures of the local flora. I wish everyone could really see for themselves how abundant this country is with the diversity of flora. The country side is blooming all around us and we keep discovering new flowers and blooms.


I really like the above one. You can really appreciate it when you look at it up close. Try expanding the picture.


Inside of a banyan. This is such an amazing tree species. I can only imagine the age of this tree.


Costa Rican "Beware of Dog" Sign. This one is even customized to include the dog's name, "Bravo".

No comments:

Post a Comment