Monday, July 15, 2013

Map of Curacao


So you have an idea of where we are and where we have been, I decided to put in a link for a map of Curacao.

I also wanted to give a couple of stats on the island, as I wanted to know them myself before I got here. The island is about 38 miles long and between 3 and 8.6 miles wide, depending on the location. Curacao has a land mass of around 275 square miles and located about 42 miles north off the coast of Venezuela.

Click here: Map of Curacao

In case you are not able to click the link or it does not come up, you can access the map at: http://www.lapalmeraie-curacao.com/files/map.gif

Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort where we are staying for our entire stay is located at I-16 on the map.

Playa Lagun, along with Knip Beaches and Westpunt that we visited yesterday are located at 2-C & 2-B.

Jan Thiel beach where we went on day 3 is at I-14.

Willemstad is in the center and is highlighted by a white box on the map. The port with all the pretty houses and where the cruise ships come in are at I-12. It is hard to see but there is a small channel inlet.

Christoffel Park is on the north of the island near West Punt. We will be going there sometime over the next week.

However the next four days we will be dropping off the kids at the Lion Dive Center for their PADI dive certification. It is located near the Sea Aquarium between I-12 & I-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment